Standards and Privileges
Home Page of the Committee on Standards and Privileges. Here you will find information about the Committee membership and the work of the Committee during the Mandate.
The role and functions of the Committee for Standards and Privileges included the following main areas:
- Developing and maintaining the standards regime in respect of Assembly Members’ conduct (including: responsibility for the Code of Conduct and Guide to the Rules; putting in place the arrangements for having allegations of misconduct investigated; and for overseeing the maintenance and publication of the Register of Members’ Interests).
- Considering reports on investigations into specific complaints of alleged breaches of the Code of Conduct (including determining whether a breach of the Code of Conduct has occurred and, where appropriate, recommending to the Assembly that a sanction be imposed).
- Considering specific matters relating to privilege referred to it by the Assembly.
- Approving the formation of All-Party Groups and overseeing the maintenance and publication of a ‘Register of All-Party Groups’.
Advice on making a complaint can be found at www.standardscommissionerniassembly.org
- Listen Again
- Minutes of Proceedings
- Minutes of Evidence
- Forward Work Plan
- Press Releases
- Code of Conduct
- Register of Interests
- Directions to the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Registered Interests of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Advice on Making a Complaint against a Member
- Protocol between the PSNI and the NI Assembly Commissioner for Standards (88.77 kb)
- Guidance for Members on Dealing with Lobbyists(89.66 kb)
- Members' Attendance
- Previous Mandate