Information for Journalists
Information for the Press & Media
The Northern Ireland Assembly is keen to develop positive working relationships with the media. We have a press accreditation scheme that makes access to Parliament Buildings easier and we have a media handbook that sets out clearly where filming and interviews can take place, what parts of the building are accessible to the media and more.
In addition to responding to media enquiries we have a team of communication professionals who support the work of the Assembly and its Committees in raising awareness of its work. If you have a media enquiry, would like to schedule an interview with a Committee Chair, or would like to film at Parliament Buildings please contact a member of the team.
Filming and Photography Policy and Procedure
The purpose of this policy is to streamline the process for assessing, permitting and facilitating photographic and filming requests both within Parliament Buildings, and within its curtilage.
- View the policy and procedure
- Download the application for photography opportunity at Parliament Buildings form
- Download the application for filming at Parliament Buildings form
For media enquiries relating to Press Accreditation, work of Committees etc please contact a member of the relevant team:
The Northern Ireland Assembly operates an accreditation scheme for the media which includes four categories of passes:
- Day Pass: A temporary daily pass for those media personnel who attend Parliament Buildings occasionally or for specific events. Day Passes are distributed at reception on arrival, and on production of press credentials.
- Regular Pass: A permanent pass for those media personnel who attend Parliament Buildings regularly. Passes are available on application to the Communications Office.
- Intermediate Pass: A permanent pass for those media personnel who attend Parliament Buildings regularly, and who also require the right to escort visitors.
- Correspondent Pass: A permanent pass for members of the Assembly Correspondents Group. The Assembly Correspondents Group is made up of members of the media who are primarily based in Parliament Buildings and who mainly report on the business of the Assembly. Passes are available on application to the Communications Office.
If you would like any more information on Press Accreditation please contact a member of the Communications team on email@example.com.