Media Pass Privacy Notice
Data Controller Name: Northern Ireland Assembly Commission
Address: Parliament Buildings, Ballymiscaw, Stormont, Belfast BT4 3XX
Telephone: (028) 90 52 1137
Tel: (028) 9052 1147
Why are you processing my personal information?
- Your information (name, signature, contact details, Employer/Sponsoring Organisation contact details) are being retained to confirm that you have read and signed the Northern Ireland Assembly’s Code of Conduct for Media and to verify that you have met the conditions for obtaining a Media Pass (either a permanent media pass or a media day pass). By signing the Northern Ireland Assembly’s Code of Conduct you are agreeing to abide by and comply with the directives set out in the Northern Ireland Assembly Media Handbook.
- Any alleged breaches will be notified to your employer or (if freelance) to your sponsoring organisation and to the Northern Ireland Assembly’s Head of Communication. The Head of Communications can enforce a sanction which may include the withdrawal of media access. Breaches of the Code of Conduct will be recorded and reviewed for monitoring purposes.
What is the lawful basis for processing my personal information?
- This information is processed on the basis of individual consent.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Northern Ireland Assembly Communications Office via the contact details listed above and asking us to remove your information from our system.
Where do you get my personal data from?
- You provide your personal data when you complete and sign the Northern Ireland Assembly’s Code of Conduct for the Media (and) for the purposes of permanent Media pass holders only by completing an application for a permanent Media Pass.
Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
- We will only share your information with Usher Services within the Northern Ireland Assembly as they are the business area responsible for processing your Media Pass and will require confirmation that you have signed the Code of Conduct and have met the conditions required to obtain a Media Pass. We will not share your information with any other business area within the Northern Ireland Assembly or with any third party external organisations.
Do you transfer my personal data to other countries?
How long do you keep my personal data?
- We will only retain your personal data for one full Assembly Mandate, at which point we will contact you to ensure that the personal data we hold for you is accurate. We will also ask if you still wish for us to retain that information. Please note that if you change organisations, or no longer require an Assembly Media Pass, it is your responsibility to notify the Northern Ireland Assembly and we will either update or remove your details.
What rights do I have?
- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed, and access to your personal data.
- You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to data portability, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing, in specific circumstances
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How do I complain if I am not happy?
If you are unhappy with how any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact the NI Assembly Information Standards Officer at:
Tel: (028) 9052 1147
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113