1. Under the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988 and the Parliamentary Copyright (Northern Ireland Assembly) Order 1999, any work made by or under the direction or control of the Northern Ireland Assembly (“the Assembly”) is subject to Parliamentary copyright. The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (“the Commission”) is the owner of the copyright in these materials. All of our material on this website is subject to Parliamentary copyright unless otherwise indicated.
2. The photographic images featured on this website may be downloaded and reused without permission in any format for non-commercial use, including publication on other websites, subject to the following —
You must not, save to the extent permitted by law —
- use any of the images so as to bring the Northern Ireland Assembly into disrepute, or use the
images in a deliberately misleading context;
- use any of the images in connection with advertising endorsement or any other form of commercial gain;
- use any image for party political purposes;
- purport to authorise others to reuse the images.
The photographs should be acknowledged in the following form: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission.
Note that if a photographer’s name is published on the relevant Northern Ireland Assembly webpage he or she should be credited.
Video and Audio
3. All live and archive video/audio broadcasts of proceedings of the Assembly and its committees are subject to Parliamentary copyright. Such broadcasts may not be directly linked to, reproduced, copied or downloaded without formal agreement from the Commission’s Communications Office.
4. All other video and audio footage produced by or on behalf of the Assembly is also subject to Parliamentary copyright. Footage may be downloaded and/or reused without permission in any format for non-commercial use, including embedding on a website, subject to the following –
You must not, save to the extent permitted by law:
- use footage so as to bring the Northern Ireland Assembly into disrepute, or use in a deliberately misleading context;
- use footage in connection with advertising endorsement or any other form of commercial gain;
- use footage for party political purposes; or
- purport to authorise others to reuse the footage.
The footage should be acknowledged in the following form: Parliamentary copyright video/audio footage is reproduced with the permission of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission.
Other published material
5. All Parliamentary copyrights are reserved. Published material may be reproduced without formal permission for the purposes set out at Chapter III of the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988, provided that the material is reproduced accurately and not in a form liable to mislead. Where any such reproduction is made, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged e.g. © Northern Ireland Assembly Commission 2019. Any other proposed reproduction requires the assent of the Commission’s Communications Office.
6. The Commission is content for users to establish hypertext links to any of our sites, as long as the sites appear in their normal form. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The pages must load into the user's entire window.
7. For further information or to make a request please contact —
Northern Ireland Assembly
B4, Parliament Buildings
Tel: +44 (0)28 9052 1137
8. The Assembly website and material relating to Assembly information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services) is provided "as is", without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the Commission is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Commission for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website. The Commission does not warrant that the website or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this website or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. In no event will the Commission be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or, consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the website. Any dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.