How the Assembly Works
This is a free education programme that will provide you with a brief overview of the Assembly, how it works and how you can engage more effectively with it. The training is focused on improving your ability to engage with the Assembly.
The training covers the following topics:
- The work of the Assembly vs. work of the Executive
- The legislative process
- Assembly business, including Plenary and Assembly questions
- Committees, how they plan their work and the best way to communicate with them
- Information sources in the Northern Ireland Assembly
The training is aimed at:
- Those who wish to increase their understanding of how the Assembly works
- Those who want to promote greater understanding of the work of their organisation through more effective communication with the Assembly and its MLAs
The programme finishes with a tour of Parliament Buildings.
The ‘How the Assembly Works’ sessions take place in Parliament Buildings.
Sessions start at 9.30am and finish at approximately 1215pm, followed by an optional tour of Parliament Buildings. To find out when the next event or training session will be held, please refer to our calendar.
You can register for our training sessions via Eventbrite – links are provided in the training calendar. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 028 90520321. Places are limited and will be given on a first come first serve basis.
Not able to travel to Parliament Buildings?
The information covered in the ‘How the Assembly Works’ session will be included when the Outreach Service brings the Assembly and its work to your local Community through the ‘Get Involved’ programme. We can also provide bespoke sessions in your community – if you have a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org