Media Operational Notice
Condolences and Tributes to The Former First Minister, Lord Trimble
Session: Session currently unavailable
Date: 01 August 2022
The Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Alex Maskey, has invited Members to gather tomorrow, Tuesday, 2 August 2022, in the Assembly Chamber at 12pm (noon) to pay tribute to the former First Minister, The Rt Hon. the Lord Trimble.
This opportunity for tributes and condolences is not a sitting of the Assembly. It will not therefore commence with Prayers and there will be no order paper.
The Speaker will open proceedings by making his own short remarks and will then invite the leaders of the political parties to pay their tributes, each party leader (or their representative) may speak for up to five minutes. The Speaker will then call Members as they rise in their places to speak for up to three minutes in order to give time for as many contributions as possible.
Once tributes have concluded, the Speaker will lead Members in a minute’s silence. At the closure of the event, the Speaker will lead the party leaders (or their representatives) out of the Assembly Chamber into the Great Hall to open and sign a book of condolence.
- Proceedings in the Assembly Chamber will be streamed live via niassembly.tv
- Members of the public/media are welcome to watch the proceedings from the Public Gallery. Access will be on a first come, first served basis.
- To request footage of the proceedings, please contact email@example.com
- There will be an area clearly marked for photographers and broadcast cameras in the Great Hall to capture footage of the Speaker and Party Leaders signing the book of condolence.
- The book of condolence in the Great Hall will be open to members of the public to sign from 2pm until 4pm on Tuesday 2 August and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Wednesday 3 August, Thursday 4 August and Friday 5 August.
For more information, please contact:
Northern Ireland Assembly