Anti-Poverty and Social Inclusion
NIMDM presentation to Committee for Agriculture and Rural Development.pdfTerms of reference for review on DARD Anti-Poverty and social inclusion programme
Explore the success or otherwise of the projects that comprise the Anti-Poverty and Social Inclusion Programme with an emphasis on the implementation of the interim reviews recommendations with the aim of advising the Minister on a successor programme, bringing forward recommendations as appropriate.
- Seek views of organisations who are actively involved in rural and farming communities exploring the successes and otherwise of the current APSI programme and focusing on key elements for any successor programme.
- Examine the partnership approach taken by DARD in this programme including its communication methods.
- Consider the recommendations arising from the interim evaluations and progress made by DARD in implementing the recommendations.
- Consider and compare approaches taken by other jurisdictions on this issue; and
- Commission research and consider, at a strategic level, how rural deprivation is measured and used.
- Take oral evidence from a small number of key stakeholder and call from written evidence from other concerned parties;
- Commission Committee Research Papers;
- Hold event for stakeholders in November 2014 - on roundtable discussions format with the theme to be based on what stakeholders would like to see / not see in any successor programme;
- Prepare advice and recommendations to present to the Minister on successor programme;
- Hold a Committee Plenary Debate on the advice that was presented to the Minister.
Briefing papers DARD and third parties
Evidence sessions –transcripts