Information for Journalists
The Northern Ireland Assembly is keen to develop positive working relationships with the media. We have a press accreditation scheme that makes access to parliament buildings easier and we have a media handbook that sets out clearly where filming and interviews can take place, what parts of the building are accessible to the media and more.
In addition to responding to media enquiries we have a team of communication professionals who support the work of the Assembly and its Committees in raising awareness of its work. If you have a media enquiry, would like to schedule an interview with a Committee Chair, or would like to film at Parliament Buildings please contact a member of the team.
For media enquiries relating to The Speaker, Assembly Commission or the Director General’s office please contact:
Head of Communications
Tel: 028 9052 1162
Mobile : 07825 146794
For media enquiries relating to Press Accreditation, work of Committees etc please contact a member of the relevant team:
Phone: 028 9052 1405
Mobile 07920 864221
- Enterprise, Trade & Investment
- Finance & Personnel
- Health, Social Services and Public Safety
- Office of First and Deputy First Minister
- Public Accounts
- Regional Development
Phone: 028 9052 5938
Mobile : 07899 864368
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Assembly and Executive Review
- Social Development
- Standards and Privileges
Deputy Communications Officer
Phone: 028 90521 806
Mobile: 07900 053926
- Culture, Arts and Leisure
- Employment and Learning
The Northern Ireland Assembly operates an accreditation scheme for the media which includes 3 categories of passes:
- Day Pass: This pass is available for those media who attend the Assembly only occasionally and for specific events. Day Passes are distributed at reception on arrival, and on production of press credentials.
- Regular Passes: This pass is for journalists for those who attend the Assembly regularly, providing access to certain areas of Parliament Buildings. Passes are available on application to the Communications Office.
- Correspondents Passes: This pass is for journalists who are members of our Assembly Correspondents Group and provide enhanced access and permissions. Passes are available on application to the Communications Office.
If you would like any more information on Press Accreditation please contact a member of the Communications team on 028 9052 1137.