Severe Fetal Impairment Abortion (Amendment) Bill - Bill As Introduced
SFIA Bill - As Introduced - Full Print Version.pdf (219.35 kb)
Severe Fetal Impairment Abortion (Amendment) Bill
1. Amendment of abortion on the grounds of disability
2. Short title and commencement
Amend the Abortion (Northern Ireland) (No. 2) Regulations 2020 to remove the ground for an abortion in cases of severe fetal impairment.
BE IT ENACTED by being passed by the Northern Ireland Assembly and assented to by Her Majesty as follows:
Amendment of abortion on the grounds of disability
1.—(1) Regulation 7 of the Abortion (Northern Ireland) (No. 2) Regulations 2020 (Severe fetal impairment or fatal fetal abnormality) is amended as follows.
(2) In the heading, omit “Severe fetal impairment or”.
(3) In paragraph (1)(a), omit the second “or”.
(4) Omit paragraph (1)(b).
Short title and commencement
2.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Severe Fetal Impairment Abortion (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2021.
(2) This Act comes into force on the day on which this Act receives Royal Assent.