Fair Employment (School Teachers) Bill - As Introduced
2. Consequential amendments
4. Short title
Schedule Consequential Amendments
Remove the exception for school teachers from the Fair Employment and Treatment (Northern Ireland) Order 1998; and for connected purposes.
BE IT ENACTED by being passed by the Northern Ireland Assembly and assented to by Her Majesty as follows:
1. In the Fair Employment and Treatment (Northern Ireland) Order 1998 (“the 1998 Order)”, omit Article 71 (school teachers).
2. The Schedule to this Act has effect.
3.—(1) The preceding provisions of this Act come into operation on such day or days as the Executive Office may by order appoint (subject to subsection (2)).
(2) The preceding provisions of this Act come into force at the end of the period of 12 months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed if by that time no order has been made under subsection (1) bringing the preceding provisions of this Act into operation.
(3) An order under this section may make such transitional provision as the Executive Office considers necessary or expedient.
4. This Act may be cited as the Fair Employment (School Teachers) Act (Northern Ireland) 2022.
Fair Employment and Treatment (Northern Ireland) Order 1998
1. The 1998 Order is amended as follows.
2. In Article 18 (restriction on disclosure of information)—
(a) in paragraph (3)(a) omit “or 71”; and
(b) in paragraph (4)(a) omit “or 71(4)”.
3. In Article 70 (excepted employments, etc.) omit paragraph (5).
4. In Article 104(1) (regulations and orders) omit “, 71(6)”.
5. In paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 (conduct of investigations by the Commission) omit “or 71”.
Fair Employment and Treatment Order (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003
6. In the Fair Employment and Treatment Order (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003, omit regulation 30 (amendment of Article 71 of the 1998 Order).