Standards and Privileges
2017 - 2022 Mandate
The role and functions of the Committee for Standards and Privileges include the following main areas:
- Developing and maintaining the standards regime in respect of Assembly Members’ conduct (including: responsibility for the Code of Conduct and Guide to the Rules; putting in place the arrangements for having allegations of misconduct investigated; and for overseeing the maintenance and publication of the Register of Members’ Interests).
- Considering reports on investigations into specific complaints of alleged breaches of the Code of Conduct (including determining whether a breach of the Code of Conduct has occurred and, where appropriate, recommending to the Assembly that a sanction be imposed).
- Considering specific matters relating to privilege referred to it by the Assembly.
- Approving the formation of All-Party Groups and overseeing the maintenance and publication of a ‘Register of All-Party Groups’. Advice on making a complaint can be found at www.standardscommissionerniassembly.org.
Here you will find further information about the work of the Standards and Privileges Committee during the 2017 - 2022 Mandate.
- Watch Again
- Minutes of Proceedings
- Minutes of Evidence
- Annual Reports from the Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Press Releases
- Research Papers
- Previous Mandate
- Assembly Complaints Process
- All-Party Group Meetings During Public Health Crisis
- Supplementary Guidance for All Party Group Meetings during the Current Public Health Crisis.pdf (1.33 mb)
- All-Party Group Meetings During Public Health Crisis – Updated Guidance 5 August 2021
- Rectification Procedure
- Complaints Investigation Procedures
- Registered Interests of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Working Group on an Unacceptable Behaviours Policy - Report on the development of an Unacceptable Behaviours Policy