Digital Audio Recording System for the Office of the Official Report (Hansard) in the Northern Ireland Assembly (BR-007-2021)
eTendersNI Resource ID: 4209699
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (NIAC) wishes to secure a contract with a single supplier for the supply, delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of a new digital audio recording system for the Office of the Official Report (Hansard).
It is expected that the successful service supplier will provide a system that meets a number of objectives, which include the following:
- System must be able to record sound, simultaneously if required, from multiple locations in Parliament Buildings (circa 8 to 10 locations) and make it instantaneously available to Hansard staff at their work stations.
- System must be able to provide recorded sound of high quality to up to 60 users simultaneously.
- Desktop playback of the audio must be straightforward, offer all the usual playback functions and settings and be capable of being operated by foot pedal.
- System must be able to store up to 40 to 50 hours of recorded sound per week for a period of six months and make the sound archive easily retrievable.
- System must have a clear, straightforward scheduling system that allows for both prospective and retrospective scheduling of recordings.
- System must be able to provide multi-channel audio feeds from locations where ambient sound and/or translation lines are required.
- System must allow for the ingestion of audio files from meetings held at locations outside Parliament Buildings.
- System must be compatible with working from home arrangements.
- System must integrate with existing IT systems.
- System must operate on a “no fail” basis.
- System must be able to allow for voice recognition technology.
- Note-taking/logging facility desirable.
- Ability to integrate with automated speech recognition (ASR) technology desirable.
This call for tender opportunity has been published on the eTendersNI portal and all information is available there.
You will only see the opportunity and be able to bid for it if you are registered on eTendersNI. Should you be interested in this call for tender, please register on eTendersNI. Please note that all correspondence should be sent through the eTendersNI portal.
If you have any issues please contact the Procurement Office at email@example.com or by telephone 028 9052 1526.