Eleven members of staff in the Northern Ireland Assembly are trained as Autism Champions. Please contact the champion by e-mail if you are visiting Parliament Buildings and need any assistance before, during or after your visit.
Some things an Autism Champion will be able to help you with:
- To be a point of contact for anyone with autism coming to Parliament Buildings and to meet visitors on their arrival.
- To assist with your access arrangements and those of a personal assistant if you have one.
- To answer questions for someone with autism.
- To provide assistance to someone with autism who has come to the building, especially if the person is feeling stressed and perhaps needs a quiet area to calm down.
- To provide information for someone with autism in a suitable format. For example if someone with autism is attending a meeting in Parliament Buildings they may require paperwork to be produced in a larger font or on different coloured paper. They may require further information such as why the meeting is being held and a list of attendees.
- To assist visitors with any catering arrangements such as checking that the catering is suitable and that a quiet area is available for eating.
Richard Anderson, Health and Safety Officer
Kristine Gillespie, Research and Library Services
Marion Johnson, Clerking and Reporting
Stephen Magee, Clerking and Reporting
Lucy McClelland, Education Office
Sarah Preece, Usher Services
Christine Watts, Environmental Services Manager
Micky McCoy, Events Office
Roisin Fleetham, Project Officer, Building Services
Emma Gray, Engagement
Hannah Quinn, Learning and Development Coordinator