Reference: OP 73 - 17/22
Date: 01 February 2021
The Assembly to sit at noon.
2. Public Petition
Save Barnish Primary School
Mr Philip McGuigan
3. Assembly Business
That Ms Linda Dillon be appointed as a member of the Committee on Procedures; that Ms Karen Mullan replace Ms Carál Ní Chuilín as a member of the Committee for Communities; and that Ms Carál Ní Chuilín replace Mr Pat Sheehan as a member of the Committee for Health.
Mr John O'Dowd
Ms Sinéad Ennis
4. Question Time
5. Committee Business
Motion: Report of the Committee for Health on its Inquiry into the Impact of COVID-19 in Care Homes
That this Assembly approves the Report of the Committee for Health on its Inquiry into the impact of COVID-19 on care homes [NIA 59/17-22]; and calls on the Minister of Health to implement the recommendations contained in the Report as part of the ongoing response to protect care home residents during future surges of the pandemic.
Chairperson, Committee for Health
Motion: Amend Standing Order 110
After Standing Order 110 insert:
110A: Hybrid Proceedings
(1) Hybrid proceedings are proceedings of the Assembly in which one or more members of the Assembly are present remotely by a video-link hosted on such platform as may be provided by the Assembly Commission.
(2) The Speaker may make provision for hybrid proceedings of the Assembly.
(3) The provision which may be made under paragraph (2) includes—
a. provision for remote participation in debates and in the passage of legislation;
b. provision for remote questions to Ministers and the Assembly Commission;
c. provision for remote statements by Ministers;
d. provision for matters under standing orders 22 and 24;
e. provision for the purposes of preserving order and preventing conduct which could constitute a contempt of court.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), references in standing orders to "proceedings", "meetings", "sittings", "speaking", "rising to speak", "the chamber", "present in the chamber", and like terms, shall be construed so as to give effect to any provision made by the Speaker under paragraph (2).
(5) Members participating remotely—
a. are not present for the purposes of standing order 9 (quorum); and
b. may not vote remotely, but may vote by proxy (see standing order 112).
(6) In this standing order, "proceedings" do not include committee proceedings.
(7) Save as provided by or under this standing order, hybrid proceedings shall be governed by the practice and standing orders of the Assembly.
Chairperson, Committee on Procedures