Committee for Communities - Primary Legislation
Pension Schemes Bill - Call for Evidence
The Committee for Communities would like to hear your views on the Pension Schemes Bill.
Call for Evidence
At its meeting on 17 June 2020 the Committee received a briefing on the principles of the Bill from Department of Communities officials.
- View the departmental briefing paper
- Read the Hansard of the oral evidence session
- Watch the briefing on the Assembly's TV site
The Bill is in three parts but, in general, it will ensure greater protection for those people saving into a Master Trust scheme by:
- Introducing an authorisation and supervision regime for Master Trusts with a requirement to meet certain criteria on establishment and on an ongoing basis;
- Existing Master Trusts will be required to meet the new criteria;
- Requirements will be placed trustees to act in a certain way in order to protect members should a Trust close or wind-up; and
- The Pension Regulator will be given greater powers to take action where the criteria are not met.
The Committee welcomes evidence on any aspect of the Bill.
How to submit written evidence
Written evidence should be submitted in word format and preferably by email to:
or, by post, to:
The Committee Clerk,
Room 410, Parliament Buildings,
Written submissions should be structured to address the specific clauses of the Bill and/or the areas identified by the Committee and, if appropriate, should include any amendments you wish to propose to the text.
Organisations or individuals responding to this call for evidence should note that their written submission (either in whole or part) may be published on the Committee webpage.
The Committee recognises that in some circumstances people may prefer for their evidence to be treated as confidential, or published anonymously. If you wish to do this, please make this clear when submitting your evidence.
The closing date for written submissions is Wednesday 9 September 2020
If you have any queries or require any further information about the call for evidence or the Committee Stage of the Pension Schemes Bill please contact the Committee Clerk by email Committee.Communities@niassembly.gov.uk or by phone at 028 9052 1939.