Chairpersons' Liaison Group
The Chairpersons’ Liaison Group fulfils a strategic and practical liaison role in relation to the work of Assembly Committees, helping to develop common approaches to common problems and promoting good practice.
In particular the Liaison Group seeks to:
- define a set of core tasks for statutory committees;
- identify, evaluate and assess options for improving the collective effectiveness of Assembly Committees;
- represent the common interest of committees;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Executive;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Assembly Commission;
- guide the clerk assistants in making decisions about financial and other resource allocations;
- identify, on behalf of committee members and the staff in the Committee Office, common areas for development and training.
Here you will find further information on work carried out by the Group during the 2017 - 2022 Mandate.