Minutes of Proceedings
Date: 11 June 2008
Venue: Room 135
The meeting opened at 11:51am in public session.
Apologies are detailed above.
1. Minutes of the meeting held on 4th June 2008
Agreed: The minutes were agreed.
2. Briefing from People 1st – Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skills Council
Agreed: Following an informal briefing, and question and answer session, with representatives of People 1 st: Roisin McKee, Head of People 1 st Northern Ireland, and Stephan John, Head of Vocational Policy, on 11 th June, Members agreed that the issue of training provision for the tourism and hospitality sector should be included in the Committee’s future work programme.
3. Subordinate Legislation
Members noted and were content with the following items of subordinate legislation:
- The Further Education (Student Support) (Eligibility) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2008;
- Education (Student Loans) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2008; and
- Education (Students Awards) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2008
4. Matters Arising
Agreed: Members agreed that the Deputy Chairperson write to the Minister regarding the proposed paper to the Executive in relation to teacher training.
Members discussed the outcome of the Committee motion on the First Report on Training for Success on 10 th June.
Agreed: Members noted and agreed the proposed changes to the Committee’s Forward Work Programme.
5. Chairperson’s Business
Members noted correspondence from the Minister in relation to the announcement of Equal Treatment for Agency Workers.
6. Departmental Press Notices
Members noted a number of Departmental press notices issued recently.
7. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 18 th June 2008 at 10.30am in Room 135, Parliament Buildings.
The Deputy Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 12:06pm.