Employment and Learning
Welcome to the Home Page of the Committee for Employment and Learning1 which was established to advise and assist the Minister for Employment and Learning in the formulation of policy with respect to matters within their responsibilities and to undertake a scrutiny, policy development and consultation role with respect to the Minister for Employment and Learning.
Here you will find information about the Committee membership and the work of the Committee.
- Minutes of the Committee for Employment and Learning
- Reports of the Committee for Employment and Learning
- Minutes of Evidence of the Committee for Employment and Learning
Democratic Unionist Party
Mr Mervyn Carrick**
Mr David Hilditch2
Mr Roger Hutchinson
NI Women's Coalition
Prof Monica McWilliams
Mr Barry McElduff3
Ms Michelle Gildernew4
Social Democratic and Labour Party
Mr Michael Coyle5
Mr John Dallat
Ulster Unionist Party
Dr Esmond Birnie*
Dr Ian Adamson6
Mrs Joan Carson7
1. An Act to change the name of the Department of Higher and Further Education, Training and Employment to Department for Employment and Learning was given Royal Assent on 20 July 2001.
2. Mr David Hilditch replaced Mr William Hay on 27 May 2002.
3. Mr Barry McElduff replaced Mr John Kelly on 1 July 2002.
4. Ms Michelle Gildernew replaced Ms Mary Nelis on 1 July 2002.
5. Mr Michael Coyle replaced Mr Arthur Doherty on 16 September 2002. Mr Arthur Doherty had replaced Mr Joe Byrne on 20 May 2002. Mr Doherty died on 6 February 2003.
6. Dr Ian Adamson replaced Mr Roy Beggs on 15 April 2002.
7. Mrs Joan Carson replaced Rev Robert Coulter on 11 September 2000.