MINUTES OF THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE SIXTY SECOND MEETING OF THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE IN ROOM 152, PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS ON TUESDAY 2 OCTOBER 2001
Mr D Kennedy (Chairman)
Mr S Wilson (Deputy Chairman)
Mr T Gallagher
Mr B McElduff
Mr G McHugh
Mr K Robinson
Mrs E Bell
Mr J Fee
Mr O Gibson
Mr T Hamilton
Mrs P Lewsley
Mrs C Darrah
Mrs V Artt
Ms C Angelone
The Committee met at 2.15 p.m. in private session.
1. Minutes of the Meeting of 25 September 2001
The minutes of the meeting of 25 September 2001 were agreed.
Mr Robinson joined the meeting at 2.30 p.m.
2. Report on the Review of Post-Primary Education
- The Committee noted the inclusion of amendments and additions discussed and agreed at a previous meeting to the second draft of the report on the Review of Post-Primary Education.
- The Committee agreed a number of amendments and additions to the Introduction and the reorganised Recommendations section of the report.
- The Committee noted that a draft Conclusions section would be circulated prior to the next meeting for consideration.
- The Committee discussed and agreed the Appendices to be included in the report.
- The Committee agreed that the Chairman should write to the Chairpersons of the relevant Committees to provide an opportunity for them to comment on the recommendations included in the report that may impinge on their responsibilities.
- A paper tabled by Mr McHugh outlining his views on the issues contained in the report was briefly discussed.
- The Committee considered a timetable forthe printing and publishing of the report. The Chairman explained how parts of the report could be produced on a CD ROM rather than in hard copy version as part of a pilot study for the future production of Assembly Committee reports. The Committee resolved that the report should be produced on CD ROM. A small number of hard copy versions of the report would also be available. The Committee also agreed that the report should be sent to the Printed Paper Office and a proof copy of the report should be ready for the next Committee meeting at which the report was scheduled to be discussed.
- The Committee agreed that the Clerk should prepare a draft Motion and a draft press release for consideration.
- The Committee agreed to meet on Tuesday 9 October at 12 noon in Room 152 Parliament Buildings to consider the proof copy of the report and discuss the printing and publishing schedule again.
3. Date and time of next meeting
The next meeting of the Committee was scheduled to take place on Thursday 4 October at 10.15 a.m. in Room 135 Parliament Buildings.
The meeting adjourned at 3.10 p.m.