MINUTES OF THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE SEVENTY SIXTH MEETING OF THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE IN ROOM 144 PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS ON TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER 2001
Mr D Kennedy (Chairman)
Mr S Wilson (Deputy Chairman)
Mrs E Bell
Mr T Gallagher
Mr O Gibson
Ms P Lewsley
Mr K Robinson
Mr T Hamilton
Mrs C Darrah
Mrs V Artt
Miss P Bradley
Ms S O'Neill
Ms G Kane (Assembly Research Directorate)
The Committee met at 12.45 p.m. in private session.
The Chairman welcomed Ms Sarah O'Neill, a new member of staff to the Education Committee Office.
1. Minutes of the Meeting of 4 December 2001
The minutes of the meeting of 4 December were agreed.
2. Matters Arising
- The Committee noted that the minor changes to the draft Report that had been agreed at the meeting on 4 December had been made.
- The Committee considered rewording of bullet points included in the Common Factors and Weightings and agreed it with amendments.
3. Consideration of Draft Committee Report on the Proposals for a Common Funding Formula
- The Committee considered an addition to paragraph 1.2 of the Introduction and after discussion amended and then agreed the addition.
- The Committee considered the draft of the second part of the Report section by section and, after discussion, agreed a number of amendments. The Committee also agreed that the paragraphs and recommendations on addressing issues of Multiple Disadvantage should be re-drafted. After discussion, the Committee agreed to give further consideration to a recommendation on the General Principles.
Ms Lewsley left the meeting at 1.20 p.m.
Mr Gallagher joined the meeting and Mrs Bell left the meeting at 1.30 p.m.
- The Committee agreed to continue consideration of the draft Report at the next meeting scheduled for Thursday 13 December.
4. Date and time of next meeting.
The next meeting of the Committee was scheduled for Thursday 13 December at 10.15 a.m. in the Board Room, BT Tower, Belfast.
The meeting was adjourned at 1.40 p.m.