IT services or platforms used or planned to be used by the Northern Ireland Assembly
Information Standards Freedom of Information Response
Our Ref: FoI 41-21
7 October 2021
Freedom of Information Act 2000
I can confirm that the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission holds information relevant to your request of 23 September 2021. In your request you asked for the following information:
“I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information. Please may you provide me with the following response to my questions.
1) Does your organisation current have deployed or plan to deploy in the next 6 months the Kubernetes container technology?
2) Does your organisations currently have deployed or plan to deploy in the next 6 months the Docker or Docker SWARM technology platform?
3) Does your organisations currently have deployed or plan to deploy in the next 6 months the Rancher technology platform?
4) Does your organisations currently have deployed or plan to deploy in the next 6 months the IBM Open Shift technology platform?
5) Does your organisations currently have deployed or plan to deploy in the next 6 months the VMware Tanzu technology platform?”
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission has not deployed nor does it have any plans to deploy any of the above technological platforms in the next six months.
If you feel that the information we have provided does not meet your request fully, please contact this office as soon as possible. You have the right to request a formal review by the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission and if you wish to do so, please write to me at the above address.
If after such an internal review you are still unhappy with the response, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF who will undertake an independent review.
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission may publish details of your FOI request and our official response within the organisational disclosure log. The request will be completely anonymised and you will not be identified in any way. This is to meet the requirements as laid out by in the agreed publication scheme with the Information Commissioners’ Office.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above.