Information Standards Freedom of Information Response
Our Ref: FoI 06-20
05 February 2020
Freedom of Information Act 2000
I am writing to confirm that the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission does not hold the information, which you requested on 23 January 2020. In your request you asked for the following information:
“On 22 January 2019 the Assembly issued a Press Release on behalf of the 5 party leaders in respect of MLAs pay. According to Press Reports part of this statement said:
“We have had a range of concerns over time about recommendations emerging from the Independent Financial Review Panel We are jointly asking the Commission that any pay proposal is immediately deferred until the work of the Financial Review Panel has been comprehensively reviewed”
In respect of this under the Provisions of the Freedom of information Act, I request disclosure of the following information:
1. A copy of all records and minutes of the meeting at which that statement was agreed .
2. A copy of all papers or other records presented at that meeting including the records of all the concerns expressed at recommendations emerging from the Panel
3. A copy of all correspondence between the Assembly Commission, Assembly Press Staff. the Chief Executive and of the Party Leaders in respect of these matters
4. A copy of all intermediate drafts of this statement along with any records of amendments, when these were made and at whose behest they were made
5. A copy of all records of any draft Terms of Reference for the proposed ‘comprehensive review’ of the work of the Panel.”
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission does not hold this information. The “Press Release” you refer to was not issued by the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission.
The Executive Office have advised this office that the joint statement that you refer to issued from the five party leaders and not from the Executive Office.
If you feel that the information we have provided does not meet your request fully, please contact this office as soon as possible. You have the right to request a formal review by the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission and if you wish to do so, please write to me at the above address.
If after such an internal review you are still unhappy with the response, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF who will undertake an independent review.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above.