Business case for the Education Authority considered by the Education Committee
Information Standards Freedom of Information Response
Our Ref: FoI 25-19
31 October 2019
Freedom of Information Act 2000
I can confirm that the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission holds information relevant to your request of 26 September 2019. In your request you asked for the following information:
"I wish to request under freedom of Information for the final business case for the Education Authority considered by the Education Committee and associated DE papers considered by the committee from 18th February 2015 and 3rd March 2015."
The Information you have requested are available at Appendices A – J.
Please note, signatures, names of third party staff and contact details have been redacted from the information provided as this information is personal data, as defined section 3(2) of the Data Protection Act 2018. The reason the information is personal data is that it relates to individuals who are living and can be identified from the information, as defined by section 3 (3) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This information is therefore exempt from disclosure under section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
If you feel that the information we have provided does not meet your request fully, please contact this office as soon as possible. You have the right to request a formal review by the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission and if you wish to do so, please write to me at the above address.
If after such an internal review you are still unhappy with the response, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF who will undertake an independent review.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above.
DATA PROTECTION AND INFORMATION STANDARDS OFFICER
- Appendix A - Education Authority Full Business Case (PDF, 89 pages, 1.19MB)
- Appendix B - Education Authority Transition Communications Strategy (PDF, 14 pages, 321KB)
- Appendix C - Education Authority Progress Update (PDF, 2 pages, 117KB)
- Appendix D - Correspondence from Education Minister to the Committee for Education, 11 December 2014 (PDF, 2 pages, 430KB)
- Appendix E - Correpsondence from the Education Departmental Assembly Liaison Officer to the Clerk of the Education Committee, 1 February 2013 (PDF, 4 pages, 1.54MB)
- Appendix F - The establishment of a single Education Authority to replace the 5 ELBs and their Staff Commission - Programme Definition Document (PDF, 33 pages, 502KB)
- Appendix G - Correspondence from the Clerk of the Education Committee to the Education Departmental Liaison Officer, 23 January 2015 (PDF, 2 pages, 291KB)
- Appendix H - Correspondence from Education Minister to the Committee for Education, 8 January 2015 (PDF, 3 pages, 1.65MB)
- Appendix I - Corresponence from Education Minister on the Establishment of an Education Authority 20 November 2014 (PDF, 1 page, 58.6KB)
- Appendix J - Correspondence from Education Minister to the Committee for Education, 17 February 2015 (PDF, 1 page, 177KB)