The Comptroller and Auditor General for Northern Ireland
Appointment Opportunity - PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS EXPIRED
Please note this is a re-advertisement and previous applicants need not apply.
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (the Assembly Commission) is seeking to identify a person for appointment as the Comptroller and Auditor General for Northern Ireland (Comptroller and Auditor General).
The role of the Comptroller and Auditor General was established under the Exchequer and Audit Act (Northern Ireland) 1921. The Northern Ireland Act 1998 provides for the appointment of the Comptroller and Auditor General by Her Majesty on the nomination of the Northern Ireland Assembly (the Assembly).
The Comptroller and Auditor General is the head of the Northern Ireland Audit Office (the NIAO) and is responsible for:
- authorising the issue of money from the Northern Ireland Consolidated Fund to enable Northern Ireland Departments to meet their necessary expenditure, and for ensuring that there are adequate arrangements for the collection of revenue; and
- the external audit of central government bodies in Northern Ireland, including Northern Ireland departments and their executive agencies and a wide range of other public sector bodies, including executive non-departmental public bodies and health and social care bodies. The Comptroller and Auditor General undertakes financial audit and value for money audit and reports the results of their work to the Assembly.
It is anticipated that those applicants selected for interview will be invited to appear before a Selection Panel during the week beginning 7 March 2022. The Panel reserves the right to hold a second interview.
Please note that the deadline for completed applications expired at noon on 28 February 2022.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants can still log in to view their application form.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Recruitment mailbox – Recruitment@niassembly.gov.uk.
- Information for Applicants Booklet / (Download the Information Booklet as a PDF)
- Guidance on Recruitment and Selection for Applicants / (Download the Guidance as a PDF)
- Recruitment and Selection Framework / (Download the Framework as a PDF)
- Privacy Notice in relation to Public Appointments / (Download the Privacy Notice as a PDF)