Event and Functions
Did you know that there are approximately 600 events held annually in Parliament Buildings?
Types of events range from Report Launches, Charity Fundraisers, Dinners, Receptions and Concerts.
If you are interested in organising an event in this iconic building the necessary information is below:
How to make a booking
- In order to book an event in Parliament Buildings, an organiser should contact the Events Office to check availability. At this stage availability will be checked, but no booking will be made.
- The organiser should then contact a MLA or Minister to ask for their support to book the room(s).
- The Events Office can only take bookings from MLAs, Ministers or their support staff / Private Office.
- When this booking is confirmed the Events Office will contact the event organiser to begin planning the event.
Room Capacities For Parliament Buildings
* If a stage is being used the numbers will have to be determined based on the size of the stage and any other considerations.
** These numbers would be subject to change depending on the type of event and the people who would be attending.
*** On occassions a partition dividing the Members Dining Room and Room 115 can be removed to create one large room. This room can accommodate up to 80 guests for dinner.
NB: All bookings are subject to change/cancellation at short notice in lieu of Assembly business. The use of Parliament Buildings for direct commercial purposes is not permitted.
PA & AV, staging and furniture can be provided for a variety of settings free of charge. Other hire may be necessary depending on function requirements.
1) Disabled toilets are available throughout the building. Disabled parking facilities can be arranged if required.
2) An induction loop is available through connection to the PA system.
3) Disability Access. For tours of Parliament Buildings a Hearing Helper radio system is available for hard of hearing or large groups. A sign-language tour guide may also be provided on request. A Braille tour handbook can also be provided. Events staff have been trained by RNIB, Action on Hearing Loss and Autism NI to assist guests’ needs as required. Find out how the NI Assembly has made Parliament Buildings accessible to people with autism.
4) If guests require a translator, enquiries should be made in advance.
For further enquiries and information, please contact the Events Office on (028) 90521802 or e-mail email@example.com