Standards and Privileges
Welcome to the Home Page of the Committee on Standards and Privileges. Here you will find information about the Committee membership and the work of the Committee.
The role and functions of the Committee for Standards and Privileges include the following main areas:
- Developing and maintaining the standards regime in respect of Assembly Members’ conduct (including: responsibility for the Code of Conduct and Guide to the Rules; putting in place the arrangements for having allegations of misconduct investigated; and for overseeing the maintenance and publication of the Register of Members’ Interests).
- Considering reports on investigations into specific complaints of alleged breaches of the Code of Conduct (including determining whether a breach of the Code of Conduct has occurred and, where appropriate, recommending to the Assembly that a sanction be imposed).
- Considering specific matters relating to privilege referred to it by the Assembly.
- Approving the formation of All-Party Groups and overseeing the maintenance and publication of a ‘Register of All-Party Groups’.
Advice on making a complaint can be found at www.standardscommissionerniassembly.org
The Standards and Privileges Committee will hold its next meeting on Wed 7 December 2016 at 10.30am in Room 21 Parliament Buildings. In closed session, the Committee will consider matters in relation to a referral to the Commissioner for Standards, including a motion to rescind the previous Committee decision in that regard. Members will also consider issues in relation to a planned Committee visit to the Welsh Assembly and Westminster.
Contact the Committee
Committee Clerk: Shane McAteer
Room 254,Parliament Buildings,
Belfast, BT4 3XX
Tel: (028) 9052 1843
- Listen Again
- Minutes of Proceedings
- Minutes of Evidence
- Forward Work Plan
- Press Releases
- Code of Conduct
- Register of Interests
- Directions to the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Registered Interests of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Advice on Making a Complaint against a Member
- All-Party Groups
- Protocol between the PSNI and the NI Assembly Commissioner for Standards (88.77 kb)
- Guidance for Members on Dealing with Lobbyists (89.66 kb)
- Members' Attendance
- Previous Mandate