Standards and Privileges
Welcome to the Home Page of the Committee on Standards and Privileges. Here you will find information about the Committee membership and the work of the Committee. The Committee Chairperson is Mr Paul Givan MLA.
The Committee considers matters relating to the conduct of Members, including reports from the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards on investigations into complaints that a breach of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
The Committee has completed a review of the Code. If you would like to find out more, or make your views known, please follow the link.
The next meeting of the Committee on Standards and Privileges will commence in closed session on Wednesday 18th November, 2015 at 1.30pm in Room 21, Parliament Buildings. The Committee will consider a draft Committee Report; Correspondence from the Assembly Commissioner for Standards; and a Report from the Assembly Commissioner for Standards. The Committee will then move into open session to consider two applications for All-Party Groups; and correspondence.
Forthcoming business will be published in the Business Diary.
Contact the Committee
Committee Clerk: Paul Gill
Room 254,Parliament Buildings,
Belfast, BT4 3XX
Tel: (028) 9052 0333
- Listen Again
- Minutes of Evidence
- Forward Work Plan
- Press Releases
- Research Papers
- Directions to the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Registered Interests of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commissioner for Standards
- Advice on Making a Complaint against a Member
- Members' Attendance at Committee Meetings
- All-Party Groups
- Committee Account of Visit to Washington and Maryland
- Protocol between the PSNI and the NI Assembly Commissioner for Standards (88.77 kb)
- Terms of Reference for the Review of the Code of Conduct
- Guidance for Members on Dealing with Lobbyists (89.66 kb)
- Previous Mandate
Committee Learns More About the Scottish Parliament's Code Of Conduct
Alastair Ross MLA, Chair of the Committee on Standards and Privileges talks about the Committee’s review into the Assembly Code of Conduct and its recent visit to the Scottish Parliament to find out more about how our Code of Conduct compares to the Scottish model. Continue reading...