Minutes of Proceedings
Date: 07 March 2012
Venue: Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings
2:00 pm The meeting opened in public session.
Apologies are listed above.
2. Minutes of the meeting on 29 February 2012
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
3. Matters Arising
There were no matters arising.
2:02 pm Mr Girvan and Mr McQuillan entered the meeting.
4. Evidence on the Northern Ireland Audit Office Report ‘Uptake of Benefits by Pensioners’.
The Committee took oral evidence on the above report from:
- Mr Will Haire, Accounting Officer, Department for Social Development (DSD);
- Mr Brian Doherty, Director of Working Age Services, Department for Social Development (DSD);
- Mr Tommy O’Reilly, Chief Executive, Social Security Agency (SSA);
- Mr John Wilkinson, Chief Executive, Land and Property Services (LPS); and
- Mr John McPeake, Chief Executive, Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE).
2:03 pm Mr McLaughlin declared an interest stating that he is a pensioner.
2:04 pm Mr Dallat left the meeting.
2:08 pm Mr Dallat entered the meeting.
2:18 pm Mr McLaughlin left the meeting.
2:25 pm Mr McLaughlin entered the meeting.
2:25 pm Mr Dallat left the meeting.
2:28 pm Mr Dallat entered the meeting.
2:29 pm Mr Hussey left the meeting.
2:38 pm Mr Hussey entered the meeting.
2:41 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
2:50 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
2:55 pm Mr Girvan left the meeting.
2:57 pm Mr Girvan entered the meeting.
3:30 pm Mr Hussey left the meeting.
3:44 pm Mr Dallat left the meeting.
3:49 pm Mr Dallat entered the meeting.
3:54 pm Mr Byrne left the meeting.
3:56 pm Mr McLaughlin left the meeting.
3:57 pm Mr Byrne entered the meeting.
4:20 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
4:26 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
5. Any other business
Agreed: The Committee agreed, in order to facilitate an electronic pack pilot project being undertaken by the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety, to conduct its meetings in the Senate Chamber for the next six weeks.
6. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 14 March 2012 at 2:00 pm in the Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 4:32 pm.
Mr Paul Maskey MP
Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee
14 March 2012.