Minutes of Proceedings
Date: 23 May 2012
Venue: Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings
2:00 pm The meeting commenced in closed session.
3. Matters Arising
Correspondence from DETI– Committee Report on Bioscience and Technology Institute
The Committee considered correspondence from the Department for Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
The Clerk briefed the Committee on the background to the correspondence.
2:01 pm Ms Kelly from Assembly Legal Services joined the meeting to advise the Committee as client in confidence.
2:13 pm Mr McQuillan left the meeting.
2:23 pm Mr McQuillan entered the meeting.
2:29 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to note the correspondence and to take no further action on the matter.
2:36 pm The meeting commenced in open session.
Apologies are listed above.
2. Minutes of the meeting on 9 May 2012
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
2:38 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
4. Evidence on the Northern Ireland Audit Office Report ‘Safeguarding Northern Ireland’s Listed Buildings’.
The Committee took oral evidence on the above report from:
- Mr Leo O’Reilly, Accounting Officer, Department of the Environment (DOE);
- Mr Michael Coulter, Director of Built Heritage, Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA);
- Mr Manus Deery, Principal Conservation Architect, Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA); and
- Ms Fiona McCandless, Director Local Government Planning Division, Department of the Environment (DOE).
3:11 pm Mr Anderson left the meeting.
3:18 pm Mr Anderson entered the meeting.
3:21 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
3:24 pm Mr Byrne left the meeting.
3:28 pm Mr Byrne and Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
3:36 pm Mr McQuillan left the meeting.
3:41 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
3:42 pm Mr McQuillan entered the meeting.
3:53 pm Mr Girvan left the meeting.
3:54 pm Mr McLaughlin left the meeting.
3:59 pm Mr Copeland and Mr Girvan entered the meeting.
4:02 pm Mr Girvan left the meeting.
4:10 pm Mr Girvan entered the meeting.
4:13 pm Mr Easton left the meeting.
4:33 pm Mr McQuillan left the meeting.
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
5. Any other business
There was no other business.
6. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 at 2:00 pm in the Room 29, Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 4:53 pm.
Mr Paul Maskey MP
Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee
29 May 2012.