Minutes of Proceedings
Date: 05 June 2013
Venue: Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings
2:07pm The meeting opened in public session.
Apologies are listed above
2. Evidence on the inquiry into ‘Department of Finance and Personnel – Collaborative Procurement and Aggregated Demand’
The Committee took oral evidence on the above inquiry from:
- Mr Stephen Peover, Accounting Officer, Department of Finance and Personnel
- Mr Des Armstrong, Central Procurement Directorate
- Mr Richard Pengelly, Procurement Board
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
2:12pm Mr Clarke and Mr Girvan entered the meeting
2:49pm Mr Copeland left the meeting
3:12pm Mr Copeland re-entered the meeting
3:27pm Mr Hussey and Mr McQuillan left the meeting
3:28pm Mr McQuillan re-entered the meeting
3:31pm Mr Hussey re-entered the meeting
3:38pm Mr Hussey left the meeting
4:10pm Mr Copeland left the meeting
4:11pm Mr Copeland re-entered the meeting
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
4:11pm The meeting moved to closed session
3. Minutes of the meeting on 29 May 2013
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed subject to one amendment.
4. Matters arising
Members noted confirmation of witness attendance at the Committee’s visit to the North West Regional College scheduled for Wednesday 12 June 2013.
Members noted an update from the Audit Office in respect of allegations of malpractice at the North West Regional College.
6. Any other business
7. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 12 June at 2:00 pm in the 3rd Floor Management Suite, Northland Campus, North West Regional College.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 4.20 pm