Inquiry into Shared and Integrated Education
The Committee for Education is undertaking an Inquiry into Shared and Integrated Education.
The Terms of Reference are as follows -
The Education Committee will:
- Review the nature and definition of Shared Education and Integrated Education as it applies across all educational phases – including consideration of the need for a formal statutory definition and an obligation in statute to facilitate and encourage Shared Education;
- Identify the key barriers and enablers for Shared Education and Integrated Education;
- Identify and analyse alternative approaches and models of good practice in other jurisdictions in terms of policy interventions and programmes;
- Consider what priorities and actions need to be taken to improve sharing and integration – including the effectiveness of the relevant parts of the CRED policy; the need to engage more effectively with parents/carers; and the role of Special Schools; and
- Report to the Assembly on its findings and recommendations by Spring 2015.
The Committee agreed to set the deadline for submissions to the Inquiry as 24 October 2014. Submissions should be made by email to email@example.com.
Click here to view the submissions received so far.
Click here to view Departmental papers related to the inquiry.
Click here to view Research Papers related to the inquiry.