Inquiry Terms of Reference
To investigate the policies, strategies and frameworks which oversee the development and growth of the creative industries in Northern Ireland, by examining whether these are fit for purpose and have effective support delivery mechanisms, which maximise and harness the economic benefits of the creative industries within Northern Ireland.
Terms of Reference
This Inquiry will:
- Identify the potential of the creative industries in Northern Ireland, with particular emphasis on the economic benefits;
- Identify the key challenges currently facing the sector;
- Investigate whether particular gaps exist in current policies, strategies and delivery mechanisms, in areas such as: financial and business support; tax credits; education, training and skills development; leverage into international markets; the protection of intellectual property; and legislative developments;
- Analyse and compare policies, strategies and delivery mechanisms in Northern Ireland with other UK regions and countries, in terms of their effectiveness in supporting the creative industries;
- Examine the extent and effectiveness of the collaboration and co-ordination between industry, government departments and academia, in maximising and harnessing the full potential of the creative industries in Northern Ireland;
- Consider the creative industries at sub-sector level in respect of any funding and support available; and assess the validity of prioritising particular industries within the sector for this support; and
- Report to the Assembly with full findings, conclusions and recommendations for improvements in: policies and delivery mechanisms; and collaboration among all key stakeholders, to further develop and enhance the potential of the creative industries in Northern Ireland.