Chairpersons' Liaison Group
Welcome to the Home Page of the Chairpersons’ Liaison Group. The group is made up of the Chairpersons of all Statutory and Standing Committees.
The Chairpersons’ Liaison Group fulfils a strategic and practical liaison role in relation to the work of Assembly Committees, helping to develop common approaches to common problems and promoting good practice.
In particular the Liaison Group seeks to:
- define a set of core tasks for statutory committees;
- identify, evaluate and assess options for improving the collective effectiveness of Assembly Committees;
- represent the common interest of committees;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Executive;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Assembly Commission;
- guide the clerk assistants in making decisions about financial and other resource allocations;
- identify, on behalf of committee members and the staff in the Committee Office, common areas for development and training.
The Committee for the 2011-15 mandate was established on 28th June 2011.
The Chairpersons' Liaison Group will hold its next meeting on Tuesday 20 January 2015 at 12.45pm in Room 21, Parliament Buildings. Further information to follow
Forthcoming business will be published in the Business Diary.
Contact the Committee
Senior Assistant Committee Clerk: Trevor Allen
Room 284a, Parliament Buildings,
Belfast, BT4 3XX
Tel: (028) 9052 1216