Chairpersons' Liaison Group
Welcome to the Home Page of the Chairpersons’ Liaison Group. The group is made up of the Chairpersons of all Statutory and Standing Committees.
The Chairpersons’ Liaison Group fulfils a strategic and practical liaison role in relation to the work of Assembly Committees, helping to develop common approaches to common problems and promoting good practice.
In particular the Liaison Group seeks to:
- define a set of core tasks for statutory committees;
- identify, evaluate and assess options for improving the collective effectiveness of Assembly Committees;
- represent the common interest of committees;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Executive;
- facilitate liaison between committees and the Assembly Commission;
- guide the clerk assistants in making decisions about financial and other resource allocations;
- identify, on behalf of committee members and the staff in the Committee Office, common areas for development and training.
The next meeting of the Chairpersons’ Liaison Group will take place on 5th December 2016 at 3.45pm.
Forthcoming business will be published in the Business Diary.
Committee Review Group
On 5 November 2013, the Committee Review Group published its report on the Review of the Committee System of the Northern Ireland Assembly. The report which was debated in Plenary, makes a number of recommendations on enhancing and improving the effectiveness of committees.
View the report here.
View the Plenary debate here.
Contact the Committee Review Group
Committee Clerk: Dr Kathryn Aiken
Tel (028) 90 521787
Contact the Liaison Group
Clerk: Kathryn Aiken
Room 242, Parliament Buildings,
Belfast, BT4 3XX
Tel: (028) 9052 1787