Minutes of Proceedings

Session: 2012/2013

Date: 18 June 2013

Venue: Room 106, Parliament Buildings

1. Apologies

1.1 Apologies were noted from the Speaker and Mr Gerry Kelly. The Acting Chairperson welcomed Mr Raymond McCartney as the Sinn Féin substitute.

2. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 11 June 2013

2.1 The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 11 June were agreed and signed by the Acting Chairperson.

3. Matters arising

3.1 There were no matters arising.

4. Finalisation of the Order Papers for the plenary meetings in week commencing 24 June

Executive Business

4.1 Members noted that, while there was a possibility that additional statements may be scheduled for Monday 24 June, there was no change to the Executive business agreed previously for that day.

4.2 Members noted that, along with the Executive business agreed previously, a statement on the British Irish Council summit was scheduled for Tuesday 25 June.

Committee Business

4.3 Members agreed to schedule a motion from the Committee for the Environment on Tuesday 25 June, to extend the Committee Stage of the Carrier Bags Bill until 30 November 2013.

Private Members' Business

4.4 Members noted that there was no change to the Private Members' business previously agreed.

4.5 Junior Minister McCann confirmed that no further Executive business was expected at this stage.

4.6 The draft Order Papers were agreed.

5. Provisional arrangements for the plenary meetings in week commencing 1 July 2013

Executive Business

5.1 Members noted that the following Executive business was scheduled for Monday 1 July:
• Question Time to the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister, and the Minister of Finance and Personnel;
• Statement on the NSMC meeting in Aquaculture and Marine sectoral format (previously scheduled for 10 June 2013);
• Second Stage of the Financial Provisions Bill;
• Legislative Consent Motion on the Pensions Bill;
• Legislative Consent Motion on the Mesothelioma Bill; and
• Motion to approve the Local Government (Statutory Transition Committees) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2013.

5.2 In addition to Question Time to the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety, and the Minister of Justice on Tuesday 2 July, Members noted that the Further Consideration Stage of the Planning Bill was also scheduled for that day.

5.3 Members noted that further Ministerial statements could be expected for both Monday 1 July and Tuesday 2 July.

Committee Business

5.4 Members agreed to schedule three motions from the Committee on Procedures to provide for Topical Questions; and one to provide for Question Time to begin at 2.00pm on both Mondays and Tuesdays, for Monday 1 July. Members noted that such motions were not normally time-limited, but that thirty minutes had been shown on the indicative timings.

5.5 Members agreed to schedule a motion from the Committee for Regional Development on its report on the 'Inquiry into the Better Use of Public and Community Sector Funds for the Delivery of Transport Options', on Tuesday 2 July, with the usual timings.

5.6 Members agreed to schedule a motion from the Assembly and Executive Review Committee on its report on the 'Review of d'Hondt, Community Designation, and Provisions for Opposition' on Tuesday 2 July, with the usual timings.

Private Members' Business

5.7 Members agreed to schedule one Private Members' motion on Monday 1 July, but none on Tuesday 2 July. The selection lay with the SDLP and the following motion was selected:

• 'Progress on North South Co-operation (Mr C McDevitt, Mr D Bradley).

Members agreed to schedule the motion with the usual timings.

5.8 Members agreed to schedule an Adjournment Debate on Tuesday 2 July. Under the system of allocation, the selection lay with the SDLP and the following topic was selected:

• Proposed closure of Drumcree College, Portadown (Mrs D Kelly).

5.9 Junior Minister McCann advised that all relevant Ministers were available to respond to the selected plenary business.

5.10 The provisional Order Papers were agreed.

6. Any other business

6.1 There was no other business

7. Date and Time of next meeting

7.1 Members agreed to meet at approximately 12.30pm on Tuesday 25 June 2013 in Room 106.

The Acting Chairperson brought the meeting to a close at 12.39pm.

The Speaker
Chairperson

Find Your MLA

tools-map.png

Locate your local MLA

Find MLA

News and Media Centre

tools-media.png

Read press releases, watch live and archived video

Find out more

Follow the Assembly

tools-social.png

Keep up to date with what’s happening at the Assem

Find out more

Contact information

tools-newsletter.png

Contact us for further information about our work.

Contact us