Minutes of Proceedings
Date: 10 December 2012
Venue: Room 106, Parliament Buildings
1.1 The Speaker thanked members for attending the meeting at short notice.
2. Request for the Assembly to meet at 10.30am on Monday 10 December
2.1 The Speaker advised members that he had received correspondence from the First Minister and the deputy First Minister, asking the Business Committee to meet to schedule a motion relating to recent events. The Speaker further advised that, in circumstances where the Assembly sits at an earlier time on a day to which it already stood adjourned, there was no provision in Standing Orders to allow for amendments.
2.2 Members agreed to schedule the motion as the first item of business, at the earlier time of 10.30am. Members further agreed:
- to allocate a maximum of 1 hour 20 minutes for the debate;
- that there would be only one round of speakers, and that one contributor from each of the larger parties, along with single Members, would be accommodated;
- that there would be 10 minutes to move and 10 minutes to wind; and
- that all other speakers would be allocated up to 7 minutes.
2.3 Members also agreed that all the other business scheduled previously by the Business Committee should be taken immediately after the conclusion of the debate on the additional motion.
2.4 Members agreed the Revised Order Paper for the sitting.
The Speaker brought the meeting to a close at 9.32am.