Clerk / Chief Executive - Mr Trevor Reaney
The role of the Clerk/Chief Executive comprises three important elements:
- First, as Clerk he is responsible for the provision of procedural advice to the Speaker and Members of the Assembly.
- Second, as Chief Executive he is responsible to the Assembly Commission for the management of the administrative support services to the Assembly.
- Third, the Clerk/Chief Executive is the Accounting Officer for the Assembly's budget.
Trevor Reaney was appointed Clerk to the Assembly/Chief Executive in August 2008.
Trevor was born in Lisburn. He began his career in the hospitality industry and has held a number of management positions in both the private and public sectors. Before joining the Assembly, Trevor served as Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Policing Board from January 2004 and, prior to that, he held the post of Chief Executive of Craigavon Borough Council from 1996 to 2003.
A graduate of the Open University, obtaining a Masters degree in Business Administration, Trevor has also undertaken studies at the Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, USA; JFK School of Government at Harvard University; and with the Institute of Directors.
Trevor is a member or holds office with a number of organisations:
- Trustee of Buttle UK (a children’s charity)
- Fellow of the Institute of Management
- Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
- Member of the National Assembly for Wales Remuneration Board
- Independent Member of the Audit and Scrutiny Committee of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
Trevor is married with four children. In his spare time he is involved with his local church and enjoys walking and sport of all types.
If you would like to contact the Clerk/Chief Executive please send emails to: email@example.com