How the Assembly Works
A free education programme will provide you with a brief overview of the Assembly, how it works and how you can engage more effectively with it. The aim of the training is focussed on improving your ability to engage with the Assembly.
By the end of the training you will understand:
- The work of the Assembly vs. work of the Executive
- The Speaker and his role
- The Assembly week and when business is scheduled
- Committees, how they plan their work and the best way to communicate with them
The training is aimed at:
- those who wish to increase their understanding of how the Assembly works
- those who want to promote greater understanding of the work of their organisation through more effective communication with the Assembly and its MLAs
The programme finishes with a tour of Parliament Buildings.
The ‘How the Assembly Works’ sessions will take part in Parliament Buildings.
Sessions start at 10am and finish no later than 1pm.
You are invited to register your interest in the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 028 9052 1195. Please state which date you would like to attend and give your name, organisation, email address, phone number and address. Places are limited and will be given on a first come first serve basis.
Not able to travel to Parliament Buildings?
The information covered in the ‘How the Assembly Works’ session will be included when the Outreach Service brings the Assembly and its work to your local Community through the ‘Get Involved’ Conference programme.
For further information visit www.niassembly.gov.uk/acc or follow us on twitter @AssemblyCC