Media Operational Notice
Chief Justice to brief the Justice Committee
Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2013
On Thursday, 2 May 2013, the Lord Chief Justice, Declan Morgan, will brief the Justice Committee.
The issues that the Lord Chief Justice will be discussing are:
- Judicial appointments and increasing the pool of women candidates
- Avoidable delay in the Crown Court and magistrates courts
- The work of the Lord Chief Justice's Sentencing Group
- Increasing understanding of the role of the Judiciary
- The County Court judicial complement
The meeting will take place at 2pm in Room 30 in Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson of the Committee, Paul Givan MLA will be available for interview after the meeting.