Minutes of Proceedings
Date: Wednesday, 18 January 2012
Venue: Room 29, Parliament Buildings
2:03 pm The meeting opened in public session.
Apologies are listed above.
2. Minutes of the meeting on 11 January 2012
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
3. Matters Arising
There were no matters arising.
4. Evidence on the Northern Ireland Audit Office Report ‘DETI: The Bioscience Technology Institute’.
The Committee took oral evidence on the above report from:
- Mr David Sterling, Accounting Officer, Department of Enterprise, Trade, (DETI);
- Mr Trevor Cooper, Head of Finance, Department of Enterprise, Trade, (DETI);
- Mr Alastair Hamilton, Chief Executive, Invest NI; and
- Mr Mel Chittock, Executive Director, Invest NI.
3.15 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
3.18 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
4.10 pm Mr Girvan left the meeting.
4.11 pm Mr Girvan entered the meeting.
4.20 pm Ms McCann left the meeting.
4.35 pm Ms McCann entered the meeting.
4.35 pm Mr Dallat left the meeting.
4.38 pm Mr Byrne left the meeting.
4.40 pm Mr Dallat entered the meeting.
4.41 pm Mr Byrne entered the meeting.
4.54 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
4.55 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
4.58 pm Ms McCann left the meeting.
5.10 pm Mr Byrne left the meeting.
5.37 pm Mr Easton left the meeting.
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
5. Any other business
There was no other business.
6. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 at 2.00 pm in Room 29, Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 5:58 pm.
Mr Paul Maskey MP MLA
Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee
25 January 2012.