Minutes of Proceedings
Date: Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Venue: Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings
2:05 pm The meeting opened in public session.
Apologies are listed above.
2. Minutes of the meeting on 6 February 2013
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
3. Matters Arising
There were no matters arising.
4. Evidence on the Northern Ireland Audit Office Report ‘the Police Service of Northern Ireland: Use of Agency Staff’.
The Committee took oral evidence on the above report from:
- Mr David Sterling, Accounting Officer, Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI);
- Mr Alastair Hamilton, Chief Executive, Invest NI (INI); and
- Mr Mel Chittock, Executive Director of Finance and Internal Operations, Invest NI (INI).
2:58 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
3:15 pm Mr Hussey left the meeting.
3:19 pm Mr Hussey entered the meeting.
3:43 pm Mr Hussey left the meeting.
3:46 pm Mr Clark entered the meeting.
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
4:14 pm Mr Rogers left the meeting.
4:15 pm The meeting went into closed session.
5. Inquiry on ‘PSNI: Use of Agency Staff’
Correspondence from DFP
The Committee noted correspondence from Ms Fiona Hamill, Treasury Officer of Accounts, Department of Finance and Personnel providing the information sought following its evidence session on 28 November 2012.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to consider a summary of all correspondence received relating to the inquiry at a future meeting.
6. Any other business
There was no other business.
7. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 2:00 pm in Room 29, Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 4:40 pm.
Ms Michaela Boyle
Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee
20 February 2013.