Minutes of Proceedings
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2011
Venue: Main Conference Room, NICVA, Belfast
2:00 pm The meeting opened in public session.
Apologies are listed above.
2:02 pm Mr Hussey entered the meeting.
2. Minutes of the meeting on 5 October 2011
Agreed: The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
3. Matters Arising
There were no matters arising.
4. Evidence on the Northern Ireland Audit Office Report ‘Creating Effective Relationships between Government and the Voluntary and Community Sector’.
The Committee took oral evidence on the above report from:
- Mr Will Haire, Accounting Officer, Department for Social Development (DSD);
- Ms Maeve Walls, Director of Voluntary and Community Unit, Department for Social Development (DSD); and
- Mr Gordon Bell, Deputy Principal, Department for Social Development (DSD); and
- Mr Seamus McAleavey, Chief Executive, Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action (NICVA).
2:03 pm Mr Hussey entered the meeting.
The Chairperson declared an interest stating that he is a member of Fáilte Feirste Thiar, the Greater Andersonstown Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership and the Upper Andersonstown Community Forum.
Ms McCann declared an interest stating that she is a member of the Colin Neighbourhood Partnership.
Mr Copeland declared an interest stating that he is a member of the East Belfast Partnership Board, Mencap and a number of other groups in the Castlereagh and East Belfast areas.
Mr Girvan declared an interest stating that he is a Director of Ballyclare Community Concerns.
Mr Hussey declared an interest stating that he is the secretary of the Kevlin Community and Development Association.
Mr Byrne declared an interest stating that he is a member of the Omagh Boys and Girls Youth Club.
3:26 pm Mr Easton left the meeting.
3:29 pm Mr Hussey left the meeting.
3:34 pm Mr Easton entered the meeting.
3:35 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
3:46 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
3:53 pm Ms McCann left the meeting.
3:57 pm Ms McCann entered the meeting.
4:10 pm Mr Byrne left the meeting.
4:17 pm Mr Byrne entered the meeting.
4:28 pm Mr Frew and McCann left the meeting.
4:29 pm Mr Anderson left the meeting.
4:45 pm Mr Dallat left the meeting.
4:46 pm Mr Copeland left the meeting.
4:48 pm Mr Copeland entered the meeting.
The witnesses answered a number of questions put by the Committee.
Agreed: The Committee agreed to request further information from the witnesses.
5. Any other business
There was no other business.
6. Date, time and place of next meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 at 2:00 pm in the Room 29, Parliament Buildings.
The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 4:53 pm.
Mr Paul Maskey MP
Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee
19 October 2011.