Report on the Legislative Consent Motion to allow Clauses 21 and 32 of the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders to extend to Northern Ireland
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2011
Reference: NIA 15/11-15
ISBN: Only available online
Mandate Report Number: NIA 15/11-15
Together with the Minutes of Proceedings of the Committee relating to the Report, Minutes of Evidence, and Written Submissions
The Committee for Justice is a Statutory Departmental Committee established in accordance with paragraphs 8 and 9 of the Belfast Agreement, section 29 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 and under Standing Order 46.
The Committee has power to:
- Consider and advise on Departmental budgets and annual plans in the context of the overall budget allocation;
- Consider relevant subordinate legislation and take the Committee stage of primary legislation;
- Call for persons and papers;
- Initiate inquires and make reports; and
- Consider and advise on any matters brought to the Committee by the Minister of Justice.
Only available in PDF. Please refer to PDF link on Reports page.