Financial Provisions Bill - Call For Evidence
The Financial Provisions was formally introduced to the Northern Ireland Assembly on Monday, 17 June 2013 and received its Second Reading on Monday, 1 July 2013. The Bill has been referred to the Committee for Finance and Personnel for Committee Stage.
The Bill will contain provisions which deal with routine financial matters including any minor and/or non-controversial amendments to governing legislation. The provisions include:
- the repeal of legislation in respect of the Agricultural Loan Fund;
- amending legislation to permit the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to provide Grant in Aid to the NI Fishery Harbour Authority;
- amending legislation to enable the Courts Fund Office interest rates to be adjusted by way of Ministerial Directions;
- amending legislation to provide the Housing Executive with statutory power to charge for its administration and transaction costs associated with general discretionary land transactions;
- amending legislation to maintain consistency between the Audit and Accountability (NI) Order 2003 and the Health and Social Care (Reform) Act (NI) 2009;
- founding legislation to establish the Police Rehabilitation and Retraining Trust and the Northern Ireland Police Fund as statutory bodies and enabling the Department of Justice to make regulations.
Any organisation or individual with an interest in this Bill is invited to submit evidence to the Committee by email to:
or by post to:
Committee Clerk, Room 419, Parliament Buildings, Ballymiscaw, Stormont, Belfast, BT4 3XX
The evidence must be structured to address the specific clauses of the Bill.
Please note that evidence received on the Bill to date is available here.
Organisations or individuals responding to this call for evidence will wish to note that their submission (either in whole or part) may be published on the Committee website.
If you do not have access to the internet or email facilities or you have any other enquiries, please contact the Committee Clerk on 028 9052 1843.
The closing date for submissions is 4pm 27 September 2013.