Committee for Enterprise, Trade & Investment Report on its Consideration of the Legislative Consent Memorandum Concerning the Transfer of Responsibility for Northern Ireland Credit Union Registration to the Appropriate GB Authority
Committee: Enterprise, Trade and Investment
Date: Thursday, 24 May 2012
Reference: NIA 55/11-15
ISBN: Only available online
Together with the Minutes of Proceedings of the Committee relating to the Report, Minutes of Evidence, and Written Submissions
The Committee for Enterprise, Trade & Investment is a Statutory Committee established in accordance with paragraphs 8 and 9 of the Belfast Agreement, Section 29 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 and under Assembly Standing Order 46. The Committee has a scrutiny, policy development and consultation role with respect to the Department for Enterprise, Trade & Investment and has a role in the initiation of legislation.
The Committee has power to:
- Consider and advise on Departmental Budgets and Annual Plans in the context of the overall budget allocation;
- Approve relevant secondary legislation and take the Committee stage of relevant primary legislation;
- Call for persons and papers;
- Initiate inquiries and make reports; and
- Consider and advise on matters brought to the Committee by the Minister for Enterprise, Trade & Investment.
View the Committee Report in the Legislative Consent Motion section here.