Enterprise, Trade and Investment
Welcome to the Home Page of the Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment. The committee was established to advise and assist the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment, Ms Arlene Foster MLA, on matters within her responsibility as a Minister. The committee undertakes a scrutiny, policy development and consultation role with respect to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and plays a key role in the consideration and development of legislation. The Committee Chairperson is Mr Patsy McGlone.
The Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment will hold its next meeting on Tuesday 21 October 2014 at 10:00am in the Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings, when the Committee will receive an oral briefing from Invest NI on the Life and Health Sciences Sector.
The Committee will consider written briefings from the Department on:
- the DETI Research Agenda Update;
- the Implementation of EU Directive (2013/11) on Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes and Regulation No 524/2013 on Online Dispute Resolution;
- the Northern Ireland Economic Strategy – Year 2 Annual Monitoring Report;
- Research and Development Inquiry Report Recommendations;
- the Executive response to the Agri-Food Strategy Board’s ‘Going for Growth’ report; and
- the Innovation Strategy for Northern Ireland (2014-2025)
Forthcoming business will be published in the Business Diary.
Listen to the Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment Chairperson, Patsy McGlone, talk about the Committee’s Energy Efficiency Workshop with Green Investment Bank on Tuesday 10 March 2014.
Committee Clerk: Jim McManus
Room 375a,Parliament Buildings,
Belfast, BT4 3XX
Tel: (028) 9052 1230
Members of the NI Assembly Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment
To view more visits and events concerning the ETI committee visit here.