Terms of Reference
The aim of the Committee Inquiry is to champion and celebrate School Councils in Northern Ireland
Specifically, the Committee wishes to:
- Establish baseline information on the number of school councils in Northern Ireland;
- Examine how existing school councils operate in practice;
- Identify what educational and social outcomes school councils deliver in Northern Ireland and how this compares with reported outcomes elsewhere;
- Make recommendations to support and enhance the work school councils do across Northern Ireland; and
- Report to the Assembly by September 2012
Any organisation or individual with an interest in this Inquiry is invited to contact:
The Clerk to the Committee for Education, Room 241, Parliament Buildings, Ballymiscaw, Stormont, Belfast BT4 3XX.
If you do not have access to the internet or e-mail facilities or you have any other enquiries, please contact the Committee Clerk on 028 9052 1821.