Minutes of Proceedings

Session: 2011/2012

Date: Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Venue: Room 21, Parliament Buildings

The meeting opened in public session at 2.07pm.

Agreed: The Committee agreed that the following briefings would be covered by Hansard: UK City of Culture Company on progress of delivery of project; and DCAL and Sport NI briefing on amateur boxing. 

1. Apologies

The apologies are noted above.

2. Briefing from UK City of Culture Company 2013

The following officials joined the meeting at 2.08pm:

Chief Executive, Ms Shona McCarthy;

Business Board Manager, Ms Mary McNamee; and

Executive Programmer, Mr Graeme Farrow.

The officials briefed the Committee.

Mr William Irwin joined the meeting at 2.09pm.

Mr Oliver McMullan left the meeting at 2.17pm.

Mrs Karen McKevitt left the meeting at 2.18pm.

Mr Cathal Ó hOisín joined the meeting at 2.20pm.

Mrs Brenda Hale left the meeting at 2.25pm

Mr David Hilditch left the meeting at 2.25pm.

Mrs Karen McKevitt rejoined the meeting at 2.26pm.

A question and answer session followed.

Mr Michael McGimpsey joined the meeting at 2.32pm.

Mr Oliver McMullan rejoined the meeting at 2.35pm.

Mr David Hilditch rejoined the meeting at 2.41pm.

Mrs Brenda Hale rejoined the meeting at 2.49pm.

The officials left the meeting at 2.50pm.

3. DCAL and Sport NI briefing regarding Amateur Boxing

The following officials joined the meeting at 2.53pm:

Director of Sports & Stadiums, DCAL, Mr Colin Watson;

Head of Sport Branch, DCAL, Mr Ciaran Mee;

Sport NI, Mr Shaun Ogle.

The officials briefed the Committee.

Mr Oliver McMullan left the meeting at 3.03pm.

A question and answer session followed.

Agreed: Sport NI agreed to provide to the Committee a copy of the standards for the new equity standard of sport.

The officials left the meeting at 3.31pm.

Agreed: The Committee agreed to write to the Department and Sport NI in relation to issues discussed during the briefing on amateur boxing.

4. Any other business

Agreed: The Committee agreed to write to the Minister outlining its concerns on the pressure in future years for capital projects as a result of the reduced capital requirement of £12.5m from the Regional Stadium project.

5. Date and Time of Next Meeting           

The next meeting of the Committee for Culture, Arts and Leisure will take place on Thursday 28 June 2012 at 10.30am in Room 21, Parliament Buildings.

The Chairperson adjourned the meeting at 3.34pm.

Miss Michelle McIlveen MLA
Chairperson, Committee for Culture, Arts and Leisure
05 July 2012

Find Your MLA

Locate your local MLA

Find MLA

News and Media Centre

Read press releases, watch live and archived video.

Find out more

Follow the Assembly

Keep up to date with what's happening at the Assembly.

Find out more

Subscribe

Enter your email address to keep up to date

Sign up