Minutes of Proceedings

Session: 2011/2012

Date: Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Venue: Room 106, Parliament Buildings

1.         Introduction and Apologies

1.1       Apologies were noted from Mr S Dickson.

2.         Minutes of the meeting held on 13 March 2012

2.1       The minutes of the meeting held on 13 March were agreed and signed by the Speaker.  

3.         Matters arising

3.1       There were no matters arising.

4.         Finalisation of Order Paper for Plenary meetings week commencing 26 March 2012

Executive Business

4.1      Members noted that in addition to business scheduled previously, a statement from the Minister of Justice (Update on Prison Reform Programme) had been scheduled for Monday 26 March.  

Committee Business

4.2      Members agreed to schedule a motion to change Committee Membership for Monday 26 March.  

Private Members’ Business

4.3      Members agreed a proposed change to the UUP motion previously scheduled for Monday 26 March, and scheduled a motion on the ‘Accident and Emergency Department at the Royal Victoria Hospital’ in its place.

4.4      Junior Minister Bell confirmed that all relevant Ministers were available.

4.5      The Order Papers were agreed.

5          Provisional arrangements for Plenary meetings in week commencing 16 April 2012

Executive Business

5.1       Members noted that, other than DOE, DSD, DARD and DCAL Question Times, no Executive Business had yet been scheduled for Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 April.

Committee Business

5.2       Members noted that no Committee Business had been requested.

Private Members’ Business

5.3      Members agreed to schedule two Private Members’ motions on Monday 16 and two on Tuesday 17 April 2012.

The following motions were scheduled for Monday 16 April:           

  • ‘RMS Titanic Centennial Commemoration’ (Mr S Douglas, Ms P Bradley, Mr A Easton); and
  • ‘Disappeared Victims’ (Mr D Bradley, Mr P McGlone, Mrs D Kelly, Mr A Maginness).

 

The following motions were scheduled for Tuesday 17 April:

  • ‘Establishment of a Working Group to Consider the Return of Lough Neagh into Public Ownership’ (Mr F Molloy, Mr O McMullan, Ms M Boyle) (NB: motion notified to the clerk following the meeting); and
  • ‘Kinship Care’ (Miss M McIlveen, Mr J Wells).

 

5.4      Members agreed that up to 1 hour 30 minutes should be allocated for each of the debates, with the usual speaking times.

5.5      Members agreed to schedule an Adjournment Debate on Tuesday 17 April 2012. The selection lay with DUP and the following topic was scheduled:

  • ‘Provision of Counselling Services in East Belfast’ (Mr S Douglas).

 

5.6      Junior Minister Bell confirmed that all relevant Ministers were available to respond.

5.7      The provisional Order Papers were agreed.

6.         Request to change Question Time slot          

6.1       The Speaker referred members to a letter from the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development requesting an exchange of her Question Time slot on 29 May with the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure on 11 June. Members approved the exchange.

7.         Any other business          

7.1       The Speaker advised that he would not be present for the next meeting and that it would be the turn of Mr Weir to act as Chairperson.

8.         Date and Time of next meeting

8.1       Members agreed to meet at approximately 12.30pm on Tuesday 27 March 2012 in Room 106.

The Speaker brought the meeting to a close at 12.38pm.

Mr Peter Weir
Acting Chairperson

Find Your MLA

Locate your local MLA

Find MLA

News and Media Centre

Read press releases, watch live and archived video.

Find out more

Follow the Assembly

Keep up to date with what's happening at the Assembly.

Find out more

Subscribe

Enter your email address to keep up to date

Sign up