Clerk / Director General - Mr Trevor Reaney
The role of the Clerk/Director General comprises three important elements:
- First, as Clerk he is responsible for the provision of procedural advice to the Speaker and Members of the Assembly.
- Second, as Director General he is responsible to the Assembly Commission for the management of the administrative support services to the Assembly.
- Third, the Clerk/Director General is the Accounting Officer for the Assembly's budget.
Trevor Reaney was appointed Clerk to the Assembly/Director General in August 2008.
Trevor was born in Lisburn. He began his career in the hospitality industry and has held a number of management positions in both the private and public sectors. Before joining the Assembly, Trevor served as Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Policing Board from January 2004 and, prior to that, he held the post of Chief Executive of Craigavon Borough Council from 1996 to 2003.
A graduate of the Open University, obtaining a Masters degree in Business Administration, Trevor has also undertaken studies at the Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, USA; JFK School of Government at Harvard University; and with the Institute of Directors.
Trevor is a member or holds office with a number of organisations:
- Trustee of the NI Assembly Legislative Strengthening Trust
- Trustee of Buttle UK (a children’s charity)
- Fellow of the Institute of Management
- Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
- Member of the Institute of Hospitality
Trevor is married with four grown-up children and can regularly be seen on a rugby or hockey touchline supporting his family. In his spare time he is involved with his local church and enjoys walking and sport of all types.
If you would like to contact the Clerk/Director General please send emails to: email@example.com