1. Under the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988 and the Parliamentary Copyright (Northern Ireland Assembly) Order 1999 any work made by or under the direction or control of the Northern Ireland Assembly is subject to Parliamentary copyright. The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission is the owner of the copyright in these Parliamentary copyright materials. All of our material is subject to Parliamentary copyright unless otherwise indicated.
2. The photographic images featured on this website are covered by Parliamentary copyright. They may be downloaded and reused without permission in any format for non-commercial use, including publication on a website, subject to the following—
- You must not—
- distort, adapt, alter or manipulate any of the images in reproduction;
- use any of the images so as to bring the Northern Ireland Assembly into disrepute, or use the images in a deliberately misleading context ;
- use any of the images for satirical purposes or in caption-type competitions;
- use any of the images in connection with advertising endorsement or any other form of commercial gain;
- use any image for party political purposes ;
- authorise others to re-use the images;
- The photographs should be acknowledged in the following form: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Northern Ireland Assembly Commission;
- Note that if a photographer’s name is published on the relevant Northern Ireland Assembly webpage he or she should be credited.
Video and Audio
3. All live and archive video/audio broadcasts of procedural coverage are subject to Parliamentary copyright. Such broadcasts may not be directly linked to, reproduced, copied or downloaded without formal agreement from the Communications Office or the Director of Information and Outreach of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission.
4. As well as live and archive video/audio broadcasts, all other video clips produced by the Northern Ireland Assembly are subject to Parliamentary copyright. They may not be reproduced, copied or downloaded without formal agreement from the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission. They may not be directly linked to except when linking to the Northern Ireland Assembly webpage on which the video is embedded.
Other published material
5. All Parliamentary copyrights are reserved. Published material may be reproduced without formal permission for the purposes of non-commercial research, private study and for criticism, review and news reporting provided that the material is reproduced accurately and not in a misleading context. Where any such reproduction is made, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged e.g. © Northern Ireland Assembly Commission 2009. Any other proposed reproduction requires the assent of the Communications Office of the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission.
6. The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission is content for users to establish hypertext links to any of our sites, as long as the sites appear in their normal form. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The pages must load into the user's entire window.
7. For further information or to make a request please contact—
Northern Ireland Assembly
B4, Parliament Buildings
Tel: +44 (0)28 9052 1137
8. The Northern Ireland Assembly website and material relating to Northern Ireland Assembly information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided "as is", without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (‘the Commission’) is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Commission for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website. The Commission does not warrant that the website or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this website or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. In no event will the Commission be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the website. Any dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.